Monday, March 16, 2009

Highs and Lows

It's been an eventful few days. On Thursday's training I lost my balance, tried to catch myself and ended up fracturing not one but both of my wrists. I wasn't willing to let that slight set back mean I missed my weekend in the mountains with my global village teammates, though. So, highs: had a great weekend with my friends, I don't have to get hard casts on either wrist. Lows: I need surgery on my right wrist and will have to miss work for it, I can't wash my own hair, button my pants, or do any number of normal tasks because I only have limited use of one set of fingers, I can't exercise and I'm going to need a lot of help doing my job. I'm about 30% overwhelmed, 10% negative, 10% shocked, and pushing for 50% still upbeat. It could be so much worse. Pictures to come.

1 comment: