Thursday, September 26, 2013

TBT: The Sex and the City Experience

Since I had to skip so much of the summer in order to post about our European adventure, I've decided to do a few Throwback Thursday posts on some of the major events of June, July, and August. The first is my perfect, glitter-covered bachelorette party in June.


Two years ago when Joe and I took a weekend trip to Las Vegas with our friends Alicia and Manuel, I discovered the Cosmopolitan Hotel for the first time. I have never been a big fan of Vegas, mostly because I don’t like being drunk, staying out until morning, driving hungover, or gambling. Still, I was overwhelmed by all the glitz and glitter and girliness of The Cosmopolitan and kept dreaming of having my bachelorette party there. I wanted a girly girly weekend covered in glitter and that is exactly what my bridesmaids gave me. My new sister-in-law, Julie, managed to snag us a suite with a wraparound balcony and a direct view of the Bellagio water show. On Saturday, we had a daybed by the pool with pre-paid food and drinks for the whole day. Then we had tapas at Jaleo inside the hotel. The only time we actually left Cosmopolitan was to head to Hyde lounge inside the Bellagio on Friday night and when Reanna and I left the pool to see The Great Gatsby at a theatre in town. It was a perfect weekend of fun, sun, and time with my favorite girls.

Our view during the day...

And our view at night...

The Bride and Bridesmaids: Alicia, Cate, Sarah, Reanna, and Julie

All six of us at the end of night one: Cate, Sarah, Reanna, Julie, Val, & Alicia

the view from our daybed by the pool

the most delicious garlic shrimp ever @ Jaleo

hotel fun

3 comments:

  1. Oh that shrimp!
    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls planned the perfect event. Everything you dreamt of and more!

    ReplyDelete