Thursday, March 20, 2014

Springtime in Highgate!

Today is the first official day of Spring and I am happier than most year's to leave winter behind. London has been experiencing a warm trend over the last few weeks that I think we're all a little suspicious of. I've been wearing felt-lined leggings under my pants and wool coats every day since November (maybe earlier if I'm honest), so the fact that I've gotten away with single-layer pants and just a trench coat or no coat at all on several occasions in the last few weeks is definitely something to celebrate.

Joe and I are lucky enough to live between two green spaces. Hampstead Heath, to the west of our neighborhood, is like London's Central Park. Waterlow Park, to the east, is smaller and quieter and we much prefer the local feel there. Most of these pictures were taken on a walk there over the weekend.








If you zoom in to the picture above, you can see some London landmarks


And just a couple to prove that Spring is springing elsewhere, too. These were taken at UCL on my walk to class yesterday.

I have no illusions that the rain is gone for good or that we can pack up our winter clothes and ship them back to California (where they will gather dust in our closets, thank goodness). I do, however, think that we have made it through the worst of what we'll see here in England and feel pretty proud to have survived.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the park is so beautiful! Not at all what we experienced on Christmas Day. You are truly lucky to live where you are living right now. ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I especially love the one with the running doggie :)
    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete