Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Book Club


Okay, so I'm totally excited. Ever since I got back from Argentina I've been totally obsessed with Facebook, a phenomenon that has not been true of my life since the last semester of college when it was brand new at LMU. Because of this I have reconnected with some of the most unlikely people and really seem to be bringing old friends back into my life. Case in point: several girls I went to high school with and I have decided to form a book club. First we just gushed about how addictive the Twilight series is, but it seems like we're all looking for reading buddies and the kind of literary conversations we got to have in senior English class and haven't had anyone to do this with. I like this book club development for three reasons: 1) Reading for fun, not work, and on a consistent basis. 2) Reconnect with old friends - always fun. 3) Create NEW topics of conversation with old friends, an essential part or else it's just rehashing of high school dramas, reminiscing and old inside jokes and all of that can only last so long before it's just awkward. I'm optimistic right now, so let's hope this actually works the way I want it to.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the book club! I agree- rehashing can only go so far :) This was a great idea and I hope we can get started soon!

    ReplyDelete