Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hawaii!!!


About the middle of June I got a text message from Cate (my newly reunited bestie from grades 7-12) asking if I wanted to go on a trip. She had 2 weeks of vacation to kill and I'm a (out-of-work) teacher. Always up for a chance to get away from home, I said sure. It took us about 14 days to book something, and about 10 days after that we were on a plane to Oahu. I literally have never spent less time preparing for a trip!

My requirements for this trip were:

#1. Spend most of our time relaxing (not sight-seeing or in museums/cathedrals)

#2. Lots of drinks with little umbrellas in them (substitute pineapple slices and we're good...)

#3. Fitness Center (a 4-hour roundtrip hike up a crater works, too)

#4. Beautiful scenery.


#5. Fun! Let's just be young and single and have fun!

It was awesome! We got up every morning, put on bathing suits and walked straight out of our hotel onto the beach. We lounged there until we couldn't stand the heat any longer, then moved to the cooler lounge chairs by the hotel pool. We went out to dinner, walked around, did whatever we felt like doing. We could go out dancing until 4 am or go back to the hotel at 11. It was fun and relaxing and everything I wanted to a random trip to Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment