Saturday, December 5, 2009

Road Trip: AZ

The week before Thanksgiving Joe and I had a first: our first road trip together for more than one night. We were warned that the stress of moving, of being a car for so long, and of being together literally 24/7 would cause us to argue and get on each other's nerves. Thankfully, that was not the case at all. As with most things involving Joe and I, the 6 days we spent in AZ were easy, fun, and pleasant. Here's a snapshot:

Friday - Sunday: Drive the UHaul from San Diego to Tempe and move Joe into his new apartment. The community is awesome and the location is convenient to everything he could possibly need. A moving truck isn't my favorite form of transportation, but it could've been a lot worse. We were happy everything fell into place as easily as it did.

Sunday-Monday: Travel to Tucson to spend a few days with Reanna, Jon and brand-new baby Charlotte ("The Bell Pepper"). Spend some time getting to know my newest niece. (The report to mom was something like, "She sleeps and cries. That's about all so far. I'll let you know if there's anything out of the ordinary.") Reanna and I go see New Moon, leave the boys home to watch hockey and Charlotte.


Tuesday: Reanna's birthday. A double date to The Melting Pot for one of the best meals I've had domestically in my life. This is the first double date I've had with my best friend in about 5 years and by far the easiest and most fun ever. All good things. Home to drink and play games. At least one of us is sober enough to feed the Bell Pepper in the middle of the night, but I'm not sure which one.


Wednesday: Joe and I return to Tempe to spend one more night setting up his apartment before he officially moves here full time for school. In the morning we head to the airport and back to San Diego to spend Thanksgiving with our families. We are thankful for each other and all the time we got together, for time spent with friends, and for a road trip with no drama. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment